“Onchenda” is phonetic Mandarin for “safe” or “secure” (adj. 安全, pinyin Ānquán de). Onchenda Open Global Food Co-op’s mission is ending poverty and hunger organically through regenerative technologies and methodologies.
About Our Co-Op
Onchenda Open Global Food Co-op is a social enterprise dedicated to healthy communities and healthy economies through proliferation of locally grown/raised and locally consumed food worldwide. We do this by:
- Assisting ecologists in restoring ecosystem functionality, or transitioning their farming clients to regenerative agriculture, through collaborating with our worldwide network of cross-discipline ecology and regenerative agriculture professionals;
- Empowering local farmers, horticulturalists, market gardeners, fisheries and specialty shops to sell their poultry, meat, dairy, fish, produce and specialty items direct to buyers through our online Farmers’ Market;
- Empowering urban, suburban, and rural families, communities and individuals to grow/raise their own food in order to feed and employ themselves by selling their surplus poultry, meat, dairy, fish and produce direct to local buyers through our online Farmers’ Market.
“Empowering” means providing them an “eBay”-type online store of their own through our online Farmers’ Market and, where needed:
- A comprehensive and holistic landscape design for any piece of non-toxic land in the tropical, subtropical or temperate zones;
- A sequential and phased start-up or transition program;
- A detailed cost estimate of seeds, plants, livestock, materials, tools and equipment sourced from local vendors and suppliers; and
- Where indicated, funding and mentoring for implementation.