If you are starting a farm or market garden, or wanting to transition from mono-crop chemical farming to regenerative agriculture, and want assistance with getting into production, our Grower Fund supports viable projects so that the resulting products can be sold through our Online Farmers’ Market. Our Mentoring Program consists of the following:
- A site-specific landscape design,
- A phased and sequential transition or implementation program,
- A cost estimate of project-specific materials, supplies, tools, equipment, seeds, plants, and/or livestock from locally sourced Supplier Members,
- Project financial projections,
- Initial funding in the form of local Supplier Vouchers for the project-specific materials, supplies, tools, equipment, seeds, plants, and/or livestock, and
- A proven Mentor to assist with transition or implementation and ongoing development.
Prospective Mentees initiate the process by first applying for a Mentoring Program Membership. We will then provide you with access to our Grower Site Form for submission. Upon acceptance of your project, Onchenda provides 1 – 6 above, accessible through your own Project Management Dashboard.
Once you’re into production, your Mentor will help you set up your own online store on our Online Farmers’ Market.
Onchenda will drive customers to the our online farmers’ market, facilitate online payment, and deliver your products directly to local customers, retaining a percentage of sales to fund:
- Operations and Vendor Membership benefits
- Mentor project management and ongoing oversight
- Repayment of Grower Fund subsidies at no interest, and
- Initial funding for other local Mentee projects.
You can apply for a free Mentoring Program Membership by completing the form below.